Thursday 18 July 2019

Journey home

Hello people. It has been a while, but we have made it back to Finland. We left Graz at the end of June and travelled through Salzburg, Stuttgart and Berlin before we flied back to Helsinki. I am not going to write too detailed description of our journey so I will mainly just add notes to pictures. 

Only thing I wanted to mention is that the trip did not go fully well. When we were in Stuttgart I had a medical scare and ended up staying in a hospital for a couple of nights and it changed the rest of our trip so I had to take it really easy. Unfortunately, I had some complications with the medical situation once we got back home to Finland and I ended up staying at a hospital for a couple more days. I am feeling a lot better now and we are heading to our summer homes in the countryside for some pure relaxation, but these complications caused this post to be delayed by some days. 

They took really good care of me in Stuttgart and luckily the hospital staff spoke good English, so everything went smoothly. By also being an EU citizen, the health care will cost me the same as I would have in Finland so I will be fine on that front as well. Again, a big bonus for ERASMUS exchange studies in Europe. Now let’s get to the pictures of the trip.

Salzburg

 
We visited Salzburg in February but we always wanted to come back


Garden's were a lot greener now compared to winter

We visited the Augustiner brewery beer garden again

Balanced meal served with nice Augustiner beer

We made a day trip from Salzburg to the Eagle's Nest house, which was a house in the German Alps where Hitler and his closest advisors and political allies gathered for important meetings. Today it is a restaurant, but the views were great.


There was a small walk path along the mountain to take in the views. Don't know the purpose of this cross


Very German and Austrian meals were served there. Good stuff.


Weather got little wild towards the end

Before taking a train to Stuttgart we went on a horse carriage ride around the Old town in Salzburg


Bye bye Salzburg, you've been a great city and hope to visit you again

 

Stuttgart

 
Main reason for our visit in Stuttgart was a concert to see Mark Knopfler. He was the lead guitarrist and singer in the band Dire Straits and i had been wanting to see him live for years. My favorite part was when the song "Money for Nothing" kicks in. The music was calm rock, but this was the part where it hits hard as rock n roll should. I put a video of it below

Unfortunately we ended up having to call some aid for my pains

We don't have too many pictures from Stuttgart, but here is some pretty sights from the hospital yard

Train station was also impressive


 

Berlin 

In Berlin we had only one day and I was still quite tired, but we made one small trip to the Brandenburg gate and a small walk around town near it. Besides that it was just resting before flying back home to Finland


Keep living my friends. I'll talk to you in a week or so again


1 comment:

  1. Now it is easy to get your favorite show, concert, sports or event tickets from occasion tickets. If you are a music lover then you should definitely visit this website and look for saturday events.

    ReplyDelete