Sunday 3 February 2019

Hasta la vista, birthday baby

Hello He-men and She-men … hmm is that how it would go. I actually just realized that He-man is a double masculine, weird. So, the female version would be She-woman, but I think that’s too far from the original so people would miss the joke. But if it was She-man it would be half and half, so would that be balanced or masculine or feminine? Is there some sort of sexual term formula like in math where plus and plus is a plus and minus and minus is minus, but a plus and a minus is a minus? This is confusing. Soo whatever that was an example of my thought process that goes into this blog, on with the show.

Hello everyone. So, on Friday it was my birthday as it happens to be on the first of February every year. For my birthday I wanted to do the very thing I wanted to come to Graz in the first place and that was to visit the Arnold Schwarzenegger museum in the little town of Thal. Thal is about a half an hour bus ride from Graz around one of the nearby mountains. The weather is still cold so the lake in Thal, Thalersee, was still frozen and there was snow on the ground. 



Instead of actually explaining everything in the museum I’m going to let the pictures do the work. Instead I could explain in a few words my “obsession” with Mr. Schwarzenegger. Of course, it started when I was a teenager and watching all his action movies and silly comedies. The man is just a force of charisma and entertainment. I still watch many of his movies every year and movies like Predator, Terminator 2 and Conan the Barbarian are among my all-time favourite movies. Even to this day I try to see all his new movies where ever I can, and I do enjoy the newer movies like Maggie, a slow personal movie about his daughter turning into a zombie, or Escape Plan where he teams up with his long-time competitor/bromance Sly Stallone. Arnold is a man of many careers as his museum room setup tells us. I am aware that he is the most successful bodybuilder in history and the success of the sport is mostly build on his back. His political career I understand that he was a republican governor in a highly liberal California, where he focused on pushing the use of green energy. 

Not many men or women can put up one career like he has put three. The most I admire about Arnold is that he has always been passionate, determinate and above all disciplined. Latest of I sometimes do lack myself, but that’s where I try to draw energy from the image of my icon. Also, the fact that he was born and raised in Austria which had just lost in the WWII where things must have been thought. He wanted to move to America and become a movie star and the greatest bodybuilder in history and the man bloody did it. I don’t say everything he has done has been great, but I admire the passion of a man to make his dream come true. Lot of that comes to my personal passion to see the world and just be who I want to be.


















There was some artists transformers statues on display in the yard.



 

Sorry this post runs a little long, but our school starts on Monday so maybe then the posts settle into a decent rhythm. Anyway, after the hotel visit, we went out to eat for the first time here. We went to a Styrian (the part of Austria Graz is in) restaurant where we enjoyed the local foods. I think that’s about enough see yall in the next post.






No comments:

Post a Comment